Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Info Post
velvet overallsvelvet and lace

Friends, meet my favorite 2011 collection thus far. Lonely Hearts is a brand based in New Zealand (why does New Zealand luck out with such great fashion?), and their melancholy femininity is well worth a look. Their winter 2011 collection, called "Little Bandits", revitalizes crushed velvet and black lace in ways that I never could have dreamed of - cropped sweaters and overalls? And little knit shorts? And shearling jackets with maxi skirts? Man alive.

Not to mention, this collection makes me reevaluate my animal print hatred.

lace and maxi skirtcrushed velvet
pleated trousersfloral with leather
chunky sweatermaybe leopard print cardigan
velvet dressshearling jacket maxi skirt

See what I mean? When I look at Lonely Hearts, I feel like all of my girlish loves of feminine things like lace and velvet dresses have grown up somehow into something with more edge, something more masculine. And I really, really like it.

Don't forget to check out Lonely Hearts' main site here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment