Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Info Post
crochet setnavy trench

I've got all sorts of Fashion Week envy, maybe more for the London week than the New York one earlier this month (it could have something to do with the amazing street style, which is just as inspiring as the collections). It's a goal of mine to save up enough money for airfare one year, drag my sisters with me, and go. But until then, I'm content being comfortable at home - sewing and drinking coffee and waiting for FW photos to pop up.

Orla Kiely's spring/summer 2012 campaign is just as lovely as previous years, abundant in 1940s, 60s, and 70s shapes - the adorable tent-shaped mini, billowy sleeves coupled with accordion pleats, contrast collar rompers, all colored in with bubble gum pinks, navy, and cream. Classic staples too like double breasted trenches and sweetly simple drop waist dresses. My favorite pieces are those incredible crocheted ones - the hot shorts and cropped sweaters and even a little retro one-piece. I'm torn between my love for longer lengths right now and this collection's penchant for short shorts and above the knee dresses.

drop waist pinksailor romper
40s shift70s shift
crochet swimdrop waist stripes
buttonupaccordion pleat

More photos available here. I'm heading to an M. Ward concert in a few hours - date with my dad tonight, barbecue and a show! Happy Wednesday all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment