Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Info Post
IMG_2367

A few weeks ago in mid-October, my sister Rhiannon and Drew were married at Serenbe Inn in rural Georgia, about an hour's drive from Atlanta. It was an intimate affair, with a ceremony held outside in a field and a dinner following on the porch of an old farmhouse - shrimp and grits and chocolate bourbon pecan pie. My beautiful sister wore a wreath of wildflowers in her hair and the prettiest Lover dress, Drew wore a classic gingham shirt and navy suit, and my little nephew Jack wore a bear costume (as he was the ring bearer and all).

It was all gorgeous and a bit emotional.. watching Rhi and Drew together just enforced the things we already knew about them - how in love they are, how well they are going to take care of each other, how anxious we are to welcome Drew into the family. We couldn't have dreamed up a better man for Rhiannon. It was bittersweet too, because this will be the last wedding in our immediate family for a long while, until my sister Ash and brother in law Danny's little ones grow up and get married themselves. We'll have to come up with other excuses to get together, eat a big meal, and stay up far too late drinking wine and roasting marshmallows.

IMG_2161
IMG_2366
IMG_2100
IMG_2305
IMG_2236
IMG_2224
IMG_2076
IMG_2245
IMG_2445
IMG_2071
IMG_2053

More photos here and here.

With all of these changes happening around us lately, it seems as though Neil and I are starting a new chapter in our lives. It sounds kind of dramatic but it's true, I think. How fast life goes by! It was just yesterday that I was an awkward teen unpacking in my first dorm room at college. Now I'm an awkward twenty something, watching my sisters get married off to great men, moving things into my first home with my husband. Life is strange and awesome.

IMG_2358

0 comments:

Post a Comment