Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Info Post
wish list - german expressionism
From left to right - 1940s starburst velvet evening gown, Karl Schmidt-Rottluff woodcut featured at the Frist Center, SheInside abstract southwestern sweater, vintage platform leather boots, Yochi rhinestone burst earrings, vintage Fritz Lang university program, Milan Design leather tote

The Frist Center in Nashville is hosting a German Expressionism exhibit until February 10, and in celebration of it they're also sharing free screenings of old Expressionist films including Metropolis, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, and The Blue Angel (which I've never seen). I swear I'm almost as excited about these screenings as I am about the Grace Coddington interview coming to the Frist next month, which should be spectacular.

News of the German Expressionism exhibit inspired me to put together a small wish list of pieces that remind me of screenshots from a Fritz Lang film - or rather what a modern-day Lang film would look like, in my head. This abstract movement in art and film is easily one of my all-time favorites, especially since it gave birth to film noir. See my Metropolis screenshots here.

I'm taking the next week off from blogging for a small recharge break, mainly to get my act together and turn in some grad school applications. See you guys next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment