Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Info Post
abstract

Thrifted graphic silk shirt, vintage leather backpack
H&M faux leather oxblood trousers
Madewell zipcode boot

Back! In the last week, I made a giant checklist and cleared maybe a quarter of it. But hey, progress is progress. It felt good to take a future-focused break.

abstractabstract
abstract abstract
abstract

This fall has been the season of the oversized silk shirt. More and more, dresses have dwindled in my closet and given way to fitted trousers and big silk button ups. My uniform for home wear is almost always a pair of leggings and a sweater or shirt (just ask Neil), so maybe it's a comfort thing.. although as I type this I'm finishing the most feminine and fitted dress I've ever sewn for myself, probably. The brocade dress from last Sewing Saturday, in time for Thanksgiving festivities.

Something else I've been into fashion-wise is the graphic, abstract print - both in tops and bottoms. I'm currently studying up on my art, mostly expressionism, as I apply to schools for both arts administration and game design grad programs (strange juxtaposition I know but I love both programs and I do feel they're related), so the concepts have probably weaseled their way into how I look at clothes. All of this reading up has certainly given me inspiration for my next round of marble dyed pieces to sell at Porter Flea next month.

Twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, I allow myself one major shoe purchase (major to me is anything over a hundred dollars).. which means they have to be something exceptional to last throughout the season, given the way I treat my shoes. Last spring, I bought a pair of Dolce Vita coral wedges. This fall, I chose the Madewell zipcode ankle boot in black leather and I have no regrets thus far. They're extremely versatile with a low enough heel to be worn comfortably all day. Plus they're 25% off right now in stores and online, so grab them if you can.

Packing our bags tonight in preparation for a drive down to my parent's house in the morning - Happy Thanksgiving, US friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment