Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, July 15, 2011

Info Post
summer in the city



Photos by Neil!

Chambray stripe top, high waist linen shorts, neon nails - American Apparel
Velvet hair bow - Handmade
Leather bag - Thrifted
Wood wedge sandals - Madewell

Yesterday, Neil and I took our first visit to the War Memorial in downtown Nashville. It's only about five miles from our house, and we felt silly never exploring it before now.. it's near the courthouse and a couple of other stately buildings, nestled just north of the craziness that is Broadway. Apparently Nashville was big on Greek Revival architecture in its day - with Belle Meade Plantation, the Parthenon, and several others - and I'm not complaining.

This all American Apparel outfit is what I wore for a chambray contest the company is doing among its workers.. fingers crossed, I hope I win some free stuff! But honestly, I love AA button ups. I never seem to find a good enough replica at thrift stores (while I find a million silk blouses, I'm bad at finding well tailored button ups), so I caved in and purchased this chambray shirt a few days back, partly for the contest. The high waisted linen shorts are also something I've been coveting for awhile.. they remind me of trousers Meryl Streep might wear in Out Of Africa, or maybe a late 70s Woody Allen movie. I have mine rolled up high, but the length is actually pretty long and kind of mom-ish in a cool way. Any ideas on how to transition them into fall wear? Would you wear linen in the fall? I really want to, even if it breaks some old fashioned rule.

I also wore the shorts for the HARRY POTTER PREMIERE last night! We arrived at the theatre around 9:30 for our midnight showing only to see a huge line of people waiting before us (and I thought we were crazy for coming so early). But we still got great seats and it was phenomenal. I've kind of grown up reading those books, so it was emotional. And so so good. So good that I forgot to eat any candy during the movie. And I may have cried. And then we got burgers at Steak n Shake and went to bed at 4am - a great ending to a perfect summer day.

summer in the citysummer in the city

summer in the city

summer in the citysummer in the city

summer in the city
summer in the city

The irony of this post is I'm now in bed fighting off a cold (or the flu maybe?), while it's all summery out. Oh well, I guess this gives me an excuse to eat ice cream and sleep all day.

Happy weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment