Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, July 4, 2011

Info Post
kentucky lake



1960s Navy Gingham Swimsuit - Artifactory Etsy
High Waisted Tap Shorts - American Apparel
Navy Straw Hat - borrowed from my friend Jessica (I think she thrifted it but I can't remember)

I can't tell you how much I want to be back at the lake right now. Swimming is the only true response to the heat we've been having in Nashville - that, and maybe air conditioning and ice cream. Neil and I went to Lake Barclay in Kentucky to visit his family at their houseboat, and we had very few ambitions in mind.. hang out and eat, pretty much. We smoked cigars and ate cheeseburgers on the docks.

kentucky lake

kentucky lake
kentucky lake
kentucky lake
kentucky lake
kentucky lake

kentucky lakekentucky lake

kentucky lake
kentucky lake

I was super excited to receive this 1960s gingham one piece in the mail the day that we left, due to Dawn at Artifactory being sweet enough to overnight the suit so I would get it in time for our holiday! I'm so glad we waited for it to arrive before leaving, because I seriously wore it the entire time we were away. It's a modest one piece and feels more like a romper than a swimsuit, so I wore it out to the dockside restaurant and ate my hot dog and fries in it.

Happy birthday to America today! We're celebrating the 4th in a quiet way compared to last year.. no big Nashville fireworks display and crowds of country music lovers, we're retreating to the country and hanging out with my family. Hope you all have a crazy good evening.

kentucky lake

0 comments:

Post a Comment