Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, January 29, 2010

Info Post
edwardian hair and a gunne sax dress
edwardian hair and a gunne sax dress
edwardian hair and a gunne sax dress
edwardian hair and a gunne sax dress

Photos by Neil!

Red Velvet and Lace Gunne Sax Dress - Thrifted
Black Lace Up Zodiac Boots -Tennessee Antique Mall

A Tennessee snow today!

Recently, I was looking at my sister Rhi's blog and came across this great old post of hers about the Edwardian actress Gabrielle Ray.. Ray's hair bewitched me a bit, so I wanted to try something similar with my own. It was surprisingly easy - I just twisted chunks of my hair and pinned them loosely to the top of my head.

The dress I'm wearing is a Jessica McClintock Gunne Sax dress that is ridiculously petite - I couldn't get it on until I trimmed the sleeves - but I absolutely love the red and white velvet and lace mix (especially with Valentine's Day coming up!). I thought it would be a perfect dress in the snow, so Neil and I did a mini photo shoot with it this afternoon.

edwardian hair and a gunne sax dress
edwardian hair and a gunne sax dress

When it snows in Nashville, everything - literally EVERYTHING - shuts down. Moms go to the grocery store the day before to stock up on food items, schools close sometimes 24 hours in advance just in case. I did some shopping for my store update on Monday this morning, and it only took about three blocks before we saw a car turned painfully on its side in the ditch. Two miles later and we had seen a total of five cars beaten by the roads.

But man alive, was it beautiful! It was one of those light, slushy snows that makes everything it touches seem weightless. And I love what snow does to the nighttime.. it's almost as bright as day out there. The sky's a reddish peach color and the ground is a stark white.

playing in the snow

So besides a bit of shopping and some picture taking, Neil and I had a lazy day. Neil made a homemade chicken pot pie and we bought some light red wine to go with it, and I baked more muffins for dessert. Today was definitely a chicken pot pie and baked goods kind of day.

playing in the snow
playing in the snow
playing in the snow

Do you have any fun weekend plans? (and random last note.. have you guys heard about Alexa Chung designing for Madewell? Velvet dresses, high waisted pants, peter pan collars, vintage children coats as inspiration.. does it get any better than that?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment