Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Info Post
blue eyelet

1940s Eyelet Lace Crop Top - Kim Vintage
High Waist Tap Shorts - American Apparel
Blue Rose Hair Wreath - Handmade

Last week, I met up with Kim (my lovely friend who lent me that Edwardian dress to wear) to go through her vintage collection. I ended up buying a set of handmade 1940s crop tops and halter tops, some of which I'm selling, and others that I'm holding onto for awhile.. including this blue eyelet top. I fell for it immediately. I think I'm going to live in it and a pair of denim overalls all summer long.

blue eyelet
blue eyelet
blue eyelet
blue eyelet

I'm all about monochromatic looks this season.. it might be that I'm not the bravest when it comes to mixing colors in outfits. I like simple combinations, like all neutrals or different shades of one color, like in this outfit. So, blue and off white are probably my two go-to shades for the summertime. I'm making a bunch of pieces for the shop out of cotton muslin right now (expect a handmade shop update next week sometime) and I just picked up more muslin, so I know I'll be making something for myself from it as well.

Thanks to all of you who came out to the Fanny's Vintage sale in East Nashville! It wasn't a major success.. Most of us were rained out about halfway through the sale, but not before I got sun poisoning from the super warm weather (I was out of order for a couple of days.. sun poisoning is for real). But it was a lovely time while it lasted, and I was still able to make new friends like Robyn of Tiny Boot Vintage. We also celebrated Neil's birthday this past weekend - he's 24! We went out to Rumours Wine Bar in East Nashville, picked up some presents from Billy Reid, and spent time with visiting family. I also bought him a kombucha home brew kit. Have you guys tried kombucha? It's fermented tea. I don't like tea and I do like beer, so I sort of like kombucha. Neil loves it.

No matter how much I was rained on at the sale, it doesn't beat my poor sister's weekend - Rhi broke her elbow and has to go into surgery on Friday. Noooo fun.. prayers are always welcome!

PS.. today is the last day to enter the Alexandra Grecco giveaway!

blue eyelet

0 comments:

Post a Comment