Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, June 19, 2011

Info Post
IMG_3422

For this Sewing Saturday, I get to introduce you to my next project.. my niece Stella has a birthday this summer, and I've decided to sew an outfit for one of her favorite dolls. I'm having a hard time choosing which outfit to make and which fabric to use. She's turning 6 and is a real pink lover, so I picked out the girliest fabrics I owned for options (and a blue striped cotton because a sailor doll dress would be adorable).

The pattern is an Advance printed notion from the late 1940s or early, early 50s. I counted the pieces and they are all present, save for the little underwear that matches the petticoat. Hopefully, they'll fit her American Girl doll - same height, at least!

IMG_3416
IMG_3421

What do you think I should sew, and which fabric do you like best? Wouldn't the trapeze coat be cute in muslin? I'm also tempted to try and grade up the patterns so I can make her a matching version of whatever I sew.

IMG_3450

Some recent buys - a chambray dress I bought for a wedding coming up next month (boning in the bodice! kind of grunge, it's a new favorite), and a pair of woven oxfords from Carmen at Closet Case Vintage. I can't wait to wear them out this summer. Ahhh and I bought a gingham one piece for hot days this summer! I'll share as soon as it's in my mailbox.

We're sharing Father's Day with my dad this afternoon by going to Arrington Vineyards and grilling out.. the perfect Sunday with my parents. Happy Father's Day festivities to you guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment