Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Info Post
plum florals

1970s mid-length chiffon dress - Thrifted
Gold brass tiered necklace - Red Earth Trading Co.
Suede mary jane heels - Topshop
Opaque tights, gold nail polish - American Apparel

Took off my coat yesterday to snap super quick (and super freezing) photos of this dress out at Percy Warner Park. Neil and I ran some errands yesterday and this is what I wore.. a thrifted mid-length dress made from lightweight chiffon in this excellent floral print. I'm not a big fan of purple but these plum and lavender shades, I can definitely live with. The dress bodice actually has a second layer of chiffon, which ties at the side and can be worn loosely or tied tight. Had to wear a slip underneath and a pair of super opaque tights for warmth's sake, as it was in the 30s out yesterday.

The necklace I'm wearing is a gold brass tiered chain, courtesy of Red Earth Trading Company. One of my favorite things about Red Earth is how personal they keep your shopping experience - for example, I know the artist who made this classically simple piece, and where he's from and what other pieces he has made for the shop. How cool to think our world has become so small that you can feel that sort of connection from another country and continent. Definitely check out Red Earth's website.. I'll be sharing all my favorite things from their shop this month!

plum florals
plum floralsplum florals
look several deer
plum florals
plum florals

More photos here.

Thanks for the suggestions on Europe destinations last post, you guys all had something to say! Please please give advice if you have it, we're pretty clueless. Everything is so up in the air right now that all we've really narrowed down is Neil wants to go to Belgium for the beer and I want to see Germany for Neuschwanstein Castle (I've been obsessed with Ludwig II since I was a dorky tween). I'm halfway scared that we'll spend all of our budget on beer and cheesy castle souvenirs, but who knows.. that might actually make for an awesome trip. Happy Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment