Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, June 11, 2012

Info Post
summer travel guide - charleston

If you asked Neil or I which city we would move to in a heartbeat once our Nashville days are done, it'd be Charleston. Living in the South has given us an affinity for the culture and history that only southern stops have, and Charleston, South Carolina has all of it in abundance - historic charm with old European style streets, amazing beaches, and some of the best food you'll have anywhere (one of the few places that does seafood, southern, and upscale all extremely well).

Kennedy Holmes, one of my all-time favorite bloggers, grew up in Charleston and recently made the move back to her hometown from Boston. Here's the lovely vintage shop owner sharing her top Charleston stops!

Where to eat? slightly north of broad (s.n.o.b), fast and french, hominy grill, santi's, butcher & bee

Best coffee shop? kudu

Favorite afternoon excursion? magnolia gardens

UntitledUntitledUntitled

Untitled Untitled
UntitledUntitled

Favorite evening entertainment? the recovery room, tattooed moose, waffle house

Where to shop? for vintage, my favorite store is exchange factor but for more of a mall shopping experience like urban outfitters or forever 21 go to king street!

Favorite neighborhood? downtown charleston

What travel advice would you give to those visiting Charleston for the first time? I know I'm biased because I grew up here, but I really think charleston is one of the most beautiful and hospitable cities in america. I'd go so far as to say that it's pretty hard to mess up a vacation here, but I guess my best advice is to find a local to take you around ;)


Thanks, Kennedy! Check out her blog and vintage shop here.. all photos courtesy of Kennedy.

Special giveaway coming tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment