Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, December 26, 2010

Info Post
IMG_6379

IMG_6372

IMG_6370IMG_6431 - Version 3

IMG_6394


Photos by Neil!

Camel Wool Cape with Plaid Lining - Handmade!!
Vintage Black Velvet Dress, Brown Leather Belt, Platform Lace Ups - Thrifted
Super Opaque Black Tights - American Apparel
Faux Fur Hat - Forever 21

Merry Christmas! Did you all have a good time celebrating the holiday? Neil and I are at his parent's house with his family - we ate crown roast and chocolate, watched cheesy holiday movies, and took these photos in the snow. I don't remember the last time I had a white Christmas, and since we live in Nashville, it might be a long time before it happens again. The snow fell all Christmas Eve, and I was happy.

I finished my camel wool cape just in time for Christmas!

IMG_6399

IMG_6416

IMG_6390IMG_6368
IMG_6361IMG_6360

IMG_6414

It's incredible what a difference topstitching will make when working with a layered piece. I haven't added the button tab to the collar, but I might change it up now that I have it mostly done. I want to add hook and eye closures all along the front of the cape - either that, or a zipper. A button at the neck doesn't cut it if I want to wear this cape all winter long.. it needs to be enclosed somehow.

Let's all keep celebrating til New Years hits! This morning, Neil and I are driving to St. Louis to see college friends and eat at our favorite places. I can't wait to revisit all of our spots we'd go to when we were dating and shop the after Christmas sales.

0 comments:

Post a Comment