Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, January 9, 2011

Info Post
IMG_8029

This past week, I bought a few yards of crushed velvet in cranberry and gold with the precise goal to create a Valentine's Day dress. I also purchased pom pom trim in a bright white and an olive green.. also, some floral trim that would look lovely at a neckline or as a belt at the waist or under the bust.

Yeah, I know Valentine's Day is over a month away. Usually, I'm not an early person - and especially when it comes to sewing. But I think I'm still a little angry that I didn't have time to make a New Years dress, so now I want to make absolutely sure I sew something for the next holiday.

IMG_8140
IMG_8125
IMG_8037

Below are the vintage sewing patterns I've been eyeing on Etsy.. plenty of lace ruffles, peter pan collars, and smocking.

dress pattern 5dress pattern 4
dress pattern 2
dress pattern 1dress pattern 6

Patterns found here.. 1. sew mrs p, 2. coconut pie, 3. sandmarg, 4. ima sewing machine, 5. sew mrs p

Which one is your favorite? Of course, I don't have to make a dress at all - I thought about making a high waisted full skirt to wear with a vintage silky blouse, or even a velvet romper or pair of overalls. The white pom pom trim would be a nice addition to a full golden circle skirt. I'm up for anything at this point.

What do you think I should make, and do you guys have any plans for what you'll be wearing?

0 comments:

Post a Comment