Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, January 22, 2011

Info Post
recent finds, future projects
recent finds, future projects

A bit of sad news.. I'm still waiting on my Valentine's Day dress sewing pattern, which means I couldn't start it this week after all. So instead of beginning my holiday dress, I thought I'd fill you in on a few pieces I've found recently - as well as a couple of sewing projects in the works for spring!

recent finds, future projects
recent finds, future projects
recent finds, future projectsrecent finds, future projects
recent finds, future projects
recent finds, future projects
recent finds, future projects
recent finds, future projects

The glittery UO oxfords, cameo necklace, and sewing serger are some of my favorite Christmas gifts.. I can't wait to figure out the serger! Already, I've bribed my friend Lauren with coffee and dessert in return for instructing me how to use it. The black wide brimmed hat, sheer knit sweater, cable knit ivory sweater (currently in the shop!), and 1960s plaid dress were all thrifted finds. The ribbon was thrifted as well - a huge lot that I found for only 5 dollars. That pastel pink dress was a gift from lovely Quincy, and I found the quilted liberty print apron at Pre to Post Modern.. I'm definitely planning on making some Valentine's baked goods in that guy.

The rosy pink broadcloth will be used on a peter pan collar blouse I'll be making as soon as I receive the pretty pattern. And I have every intention of sewing wide legged, high waisted trousers come spring. Not to mention, detachable peter pan collars. I purchased a plain antique white cotton for the collar, but I'd love to mix it up as well.. maybe with some navy dotted swiss fabric or in polka dots? Any suggestions?

Neil and I are headed to Atlanta in the morning, and I can't wait.. happy weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment