Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, July 18, 2010

Info Post
closet case vintage opening!
crafting items for the opening
closet case vintage opening!
closet case vintage opening!
closet case vintage opening!

My friend Carmen of Closet Case Vintage opened a new vintage location yesterday! As I told you all earlier, I was fortunate enough to be asked if I would sell some of my vintage in the shop as well, so I tagged some pretty things, crafted some hair accessories and bow ties, and brought them over to the shop. While I was there, I snuck some photos to share with you all.

closet case vintage opening!
closet case vintage opening!
closet case vintage opening!
closet case vintage opening!
crafting items for the opening
closet case vintage opening!
closet case vintage opening!
closet case vintage opening!
closet case vintage opening!
closet case vintage opening!
crafting items for the opening
closet case vintage opening!
closet case vintage opening!
closet case vintage opening!

The shop has got some magical stuff. Floral denim shorts, old eyelet blouses with rose prints, Young Edwardian dresses, liberty print finds with rick rack trim, lace up oxfords, even some Victorian era pleated dresses with lace detail. The powder blue floor length gown I'm wearing in a photo is a Victorian.. and I'm wearing it backwards. I tried it on the right way but still liked it best with the buttons in the front.

I've added some pieces from the Etsy shop and others that haven't been listed. The straw hat is vintage with a handmade black lace bow I added. Other items from me.. bow ties made of vintage gingham and striped fabric, handmade floral hair barrettes, a 1970's white crocheted crop top and 1990's striped denim shorts, and 1950's floral dresses with full skirts. Carmen added a great vintage menswear section to the shop, as well.

The location? 2407 12th Avenue South in Nashville, right in the heart of the 12th South Neighborhood and inside Katy K's lovely western shop. Next time you're in Nashville, stop by and shop, then eat a Las Paletas popsicle from down the street. And a white cheddar burger and sweet potato fries from Burger Up. (I'll be at the shop all day tomorrow and Tuesday, if you want to bring me some sweet potato fries.)

Yesterday was filled with Nashville goodness. I had to run off from the shop to work downtown for the afternoon, then I headed to Local Honey afterwards for their 5 year birthday bash. Coming home was a good, good feeling.

Sewing Saturday post later today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment