Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Info Post
1940's blue and white striped golfing dress1950's yellow rose blouse1940's silk bow blouse1950's yellow gingham sun dress

Let me introduce you to my favorite shop update of all time.. a 1940's golfing striped dress, a 40's silk bow blouse in gray and gold, a 1950's/early 60's yellow gingham sun dress, and a 50's thorny rose blouse. Both of the dresses will be added in the next couple of days. The yellow, blue, and white mixture of these pieces makes me thankful for the summer, as well as thankful for clothing that can transition readily into the fall. Can you see the silk blouse with velvet black shorts and sheer tights?

thrifting finds
thrifting finds
thrifting finds
thrifting finds

I made a visit to Southern Thrift off Gallatin today to look for floral denim jeans, but I found these lovely dresses instead. The black and white polka dot dress is sheer and deadstock from the 90's.. I can't wait to cut it short. The prairie style liberty print dresses are super petite and adorable. There's one more dress I found that isn't pictured - a mint green Gunne Sax dress from the 80's with lace detail on the sleeves. Maybe it'll show up in an outfit post later on?

I've got more news to share that is a bit more exciting than a thrift run. Beginning Saturday, I will be selling my vintage and even some handmade goodness at Katy K's in the 12th South neighborhood! The wonderful Carmen of Closet Case Vintage recently asked me if I'd be interested in selling a few of my pieces at her new vintage location, and I jumped on the chance.

We'll be throwing a soft opening party this Saturday from noon to 6.. champagne and fun had by all. If you're interested in hanging out with us, details are here!

I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am to sell my vintage in Nashville. It's a dream of mine to have a storefront where I can interact with my customers on a daily basis, and this is a step in the right direction. I've been busily tagging items and steaming clothes and crafting striped bow ties and floral hair combs - all for the opening on Saturday. When the time comes, I will definitely share photos!

That's it for tonight. Happy Wednesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment