Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, July 24, 2010

Info Post
summertime braids and gunne sax dressessummertime braids and gunne sax dressessummertime braids and gunne sax dressessummertime braids and gunne sax dressessummertime braids and gunne sax dresses

Vintage Pink Liberty Print Gunne Sax Dress - A trade for a pair of handmade gingham bloomers
Vintage Zodiac Ankle Boots - Tennessee Antique Mall
White Lace Socks - American Apparel
Gold Heart Locket - Forever21

Just recently, Neil and I drove over to Fort Negley Park to take these photos. We had to fight mosquitoes, fire ants, and a cactus to get some pictures in, but it was worth it.

summertime braids and gunne sax dressessummertime braids and gunne sax dressessummertime braids and gunne sax dressessummertime braids and gunne sax dresses

The dress I'm wearing is very similar to the maxi Gunne Sax dress in navy velvet I own.. the structure is basically the same. I traded the dress with a lovely girl from Georgia in return for a handmade pair of bloomers. She wanted a pair of the 1940's style chambray bloomers I made last May, except in a blue and white gingham (photos soon!). Of course, I said yes.

And speaking of handmade.. the powder blue rose hair barrette is in the shop, as is the vintage eyelet lace ruffle skirt.

summertime braids and gunne sax dressessummertime braids and gunne sax dresses

Now for some sad, but eventually promising, news. I'm taking a short break from blogging for the next week. I've needed time to clear my head and let new inspiration in for some time now, and I know it'll be good for me. You fellow bloggers know how time consuming blogging can be, which in itself isn't always an issue.. but when you feel pressured to get a post in, creativity can start to run a little thin. That's why I'm excited for some time to rethink my approach to this blog and dream up new visions and ideas.

I'm going to dedicate a good amount of my time off to really learning my new camera, which I can't wait to do. I'm going to mess around with sewing, watch old movies, show up early to some local estate sales, and maybe even finish a book or two. It'll also give me a chance to update the Etsy shop with some lovely dresses and things that I've promised you all a long time ago! Soon, I'll be back with an overly ambitious Sewing Saturday, a sister-inspired outfit post, a shop update filled with prairie dresses, and maybe even a giveaway from a screen printing friend.

See you all in a week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment