Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, August 1, 2010

Info Post
a summer's day. on the road to kentucky lakea summer's day. on the road to kentucky lake
a summer's day. on the road to kentucky lake

Photos by Neil!

Vintage White Lace Blouse, Black Leather Macrame Belt - Thrifted
1950's High Waisted Shorts - The Hip Zipper
Crocheted Knee Highs, Gray Felt Hat - H&M
1970's Black Strap Wood Wedge Heels - Crafty Crow Vintage

I'm back! And man alive, I've missed you guys.

My blogging break was uneventful, lazy, and just what I needed. I hung out with friends, had Borders dates with Neil, finished a computer game, and got bit by a chipmunk (really. I did.). Neil and I even spent a couple of days at his parent's houseboat in Kentucky, leaving our laptops at home. We explored the back roads, grilled out, and went antique shopping, where I found a rust colored 1940's dress and navy spectator pumps for just eight dollars each! Most of the time, though, we were on the boat. Falling asleep on the water is a wonderful thing.

See how beautiful Kentucky can be? I spent my growing up years in the country wishing to live in a city. Now that I live in Nashville, I find myself getting really excited and nostalgic when I run into country pastoral scenes like this. This outfit was inspired by a recent post my sister Rhiannon wrote, where she wore this magical white blouse with a pair of high waisted black shorts. I'm lucky to have stylish sisters to look up to.

a summer's day. on the road to kentucky lake
a summer's day. on the road to kentucky lake
a summer's day. on the road to kentucky lake
a summer's day. on the road to kentucky lake

Did I mention I did a whole lot of shopping while I was away? Quincy recently moved to Nashville, which means I have a new thrifting friend! And finds have been good. Of course, you find plenty of vintage when you don't really need it. I found railroad stripe overalls, navy and white patterned crop tops, floral 90's dresses with lace up backs, liberty print dresses with lace yokes, and my two favorite finds - a pair of denim jeans from the 70's with pastel yellow flowers and a 1970's autumn colored velvet mini dress. I'm planning on adding a peter pan collar to the mini dress, and I may or may not be converting the floral jeans into cut off shorts.

The shorts I'm wearing in these photos are another recent purchase. They'll be in the shop soon, as I'm not allowing myself to hold onto them for too long. They're from the 1950's, with a metal zipper on the side and a great shape to them. The glory of these shorts is they're reversible! The inside is a black and white gingham.

a summer's day. on the road to kentucky lake
a summer's day. on the road to kentucky lake
a summer's day. on the road to kentucky lake

Shop update tomorrow! My sewing room is filled with prairie dresses that need to find new homes. As for other good news, I will be updating regularly every Monday night from now on.. every piece will be added the same day. And speaking of the shop, this 1940's powder blue striped dress and 1960's gingham sun dress have just been added!

You guys, I really do feel recharged and inspired again. I can't wait to share with you all of the ideas I've been having. Hope you all had a wonderful week!

a summer's day. on the road to kentucky lake

0 comments:

Post a Comment