Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Info Post
society stylist little black dress event
society stylist little black dress event
society stylist little black dress event

Peter Pan Collar Blouse - Courtesy of Ann Taylor for the Little Black Dress Experiment
High Waisted Gingham Shorts - For sale in the shop
Black Macrame Belt, Straw Hat - Thrifted
Black Bow - American Apparel
Black Oxford Flats - Etsy

Recently, I was asked to participate in a Little Black Dress experiment by Society Stylist! The objective was to incorporate a black shirt dress into an outfit that fits your style, even if that means cutting the dress up and wearing it as pants. They asked 31 bloggers from around the country to interpret the dress, and I was glad to be a part of it.

Here's what the dress originally looked like..

IMG_3819

I'm not much of a shirt dress wearer, so I decided to cut the dress in half and transform it into a button up blouse with a peter pan collar! It was destructive fun. I paired it with gingham shorts and a straw hat, which made a comfortable outfit in the extreme heat Nashville's been hit with (which thankfully has cooled down this week).


society stylist little black dress event
society stylist little black dress event

I'm watching the Karate Kid and getting inspired by the mid 1980's plaids, high waisted jeans, and cable knit sweaters I'm seeing.

We also received lovely gifts from additional sponsors just for participating! Finding the huge box at my door was a cool surprise.. the leather satchel is my favorite and will soon become my official laptop case.


IMG_3837

All of the gifts included A Tahitian Jelly Bean Michele Watch, Saddleback Leather Satchel, Spanx tights and slimwear, Hard Night Good Morning Facial Cream, Heelys Skate Shoes, and a Donni Charm Scarf. Thanks, all!

You can read my Society Stylist post here. To see how today's blogger, Erin of Calivintage, wore her dress, go here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment