Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, February 20, 2011

Info Post
IMG_1601

Sewing Saturday! Just a few steps this weekend.

Last week, I began wide legged chambray trousers by prepping the pattern pieces, ironing, pinning, and cutting. This week, I started sewing the pieces.

To begin, I sewed darts into the two front pieces, pressing them towards the center. I then sewed the front crotch seam together, stitching over the original seam twice for added strength. I clipped the seams with pinking shears.

IMG_2827
IMG_2841
IMG_2844

I sewed the pocket lining to the pockets, right sides together, keeping two sides open. Once that was finished, I clipped the seam allowances and corners of the waistband fusible interfacing then attached it by placing the glue side to the wrong side of corresponding waistband piece and ironing it directly with a steam iron (not completely sure if this method was supposed to work, but it did).

IMG_2657
IMG_2856
IMG_2860

That's all for today! Next weekend, I'll have the trousers finished. For now, I leave you guys with photos of some recent spring finds - vintage quilted fabric, a wooden trinket box, and other odds and ends.

IMG_1590
IMG_1548
IMG_1698
IMG_1816
IMG_1676
IMG_1622
IMG_1718

0 comments:

Post a Comment