Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, February 24, 2011

Info Post
prep
ASOS sunglasses, Topshop denim bralette, American Apparel blouse and chambray mid length skirt, Topshop one piece and leather brogues, Apiece Apart pleated tea skirt

Trends are entirely subjective creatures - they are what you make of them. That said, I love translating current trends into my own sense of style, making them a bit more personal for me.. and this spring, there are plenty of looks that I'm really loving. Here are some spring trends I can't wait to wear in the upcoming months.

All American sock hop style! 50s inspired full mid length skirts, bustier tops, varsity jackets, and plenty of pleats. Always great for spring when I'm looking for fun, girlish shapes. ASOS has this incredible cropped floral sweater that fits the look perfectly.

min
Topshop crochet poncho, APC denim shorts, ASOS belt, Madewell sandals, Bodkin jumpsuit, American Apparel chiffon skirt and crop top

A trend I'm excited for but nervous about is the minimalist trend.. mixing whites and neutrals together for a utilitarian look. Still trying to figure out how to make this one work.. any suggestions? I plan on mixing up textures (like a crochet top with denim shorts, above) to keep things interesting.

70s
Topshop wood wedges and crop top, ASOS felted wool hat and earrings, Tsumori Chisato chiffon blouse, Topshop wide legged rose trousers, Rag and Bone pleated maxi skirt

1970s Yves Saint Laurent style with wide brimmed wool hats, wide legged trousers, and platform wood wedges. Can't wait to try out this look with the flared chambray trousers I'm sewing.

Happy weekend, all! What trends are you looking forward to this season?

0 comments:

Post a Comment