Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, March 11, 2012

Info Post
my sewing space

Instead of a Sewing Saturday post this weekend, I thought I'd share my sewing space with you guys! All clean and (pretty much) organized.

my sewing space
my sewing space
my sewing space
my sewing space
my sewing space
my sewing space
my sewing space
my sewing space
my sewing space
my sewing space

It feels good to have an entire room to myself.. in our last place, our dining room doubled as my sewing area. That's what you get when you live in 500 square feet.

Most things are thrifted or from the flea market, like the curtains and wall art and pin cushion, knick knacks, etc on my sewing desk. The thrifted swan is an old soap dish - it holds washers (for weighing down fabric pieces) perfectly. I bought the old mint green desk from a college friend a few years ago. It works well with good storage underneath, but now I'm looking for something more open and long that I can fit both my serger and sewing machine on. Ikea lamp and faux fur throw, and the table (which comes in handy) is Neil's grandparent's first dining table. We used it ourselves as a set until just recently.

The spool holder on the desk is good for organizing craft ribbon. I made it with a wooden block and a leftover curtain rod - just used hot glue to glue the two pieces together with the block as a base. I keep all of my sewing patterns in an old hardware box under the chair, which doubles as a table and holds a chalkboard (using it as my mood board right now) and my sewing books and magazines. The fabric photos are all recent finds, some vintage, some new, that will be used in the next handmade collection (coming in late March). More photos here.

Hope you had a good weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment