Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, June 20, 2010

Info Post
tennessee prairie.tennessee prairie.
tennessee prairie.
tennessee prairie.

Vintage Velvet Gunne Sax Maxi Dress - Tennessee Antique Mall
Brown Wood Wedge Sandals - Madewell
Wide Brim Straw Hat - Forever21

What a weekend! Right now, we're in St. Louis nearly on our way home to Nashville. We came to Missouri yesterday for a wedding of one of Neil's high school friends, and we ended up staying out til after 3 this morning smoking hookah and hanging out with good people on the Loop. Today, we celebrated Father's Day with Neil's dad by going to the Science Center and eating a big brunch at Rooster. Friday, I had a chance to go to the Frist with lovely Nashville friends and check out their latest exhibit, all about the golden age of couture. Before that, I did some thrifting for the Etsy shop and then spent time with a great lady who sells vintage for a living, having a good talk over coffee and picking her brain for wisdom, and after, Neil and I had dinner with some family who were visiting Nashville for the weekend.

And today, I am tired.

tennessee prairie.
tennessee prairie.
tennessee prairie.

Finally I get a moment to show you these photos! This outfit post is another blog anniversary celebration.. I originally bought a cute chambray mini dress with a white ruffle collar and sleeves to celebrate in, but when I saw this 1970's era Gunne Sax dress at an antique mall earlier in the weekend, I had to buy it. I'm short, so I never, ever wear maxi dresses.. I don't think they look good on me. But if I were to make an exception, it would be for Gunne Sax. Especially a navy and coral dress with a velvet bodice, ribbon detail, and floral skirt. I REALLY love this dress, you guys.

tennessee prairie.
tennessee prairie.
tennessee prairie.

This is also the first photoshoot featuring my new Canon XS! We're still getting used to the camera, so we're using the Auto feature much more than we should be. The more we play around with it, the more we learn how to manually control the photo, so hopefully it won't be long before we have a good handle on things.

As life has been filled with a good kind of craziness, my Sewing Saturday post is again postponed til Tuesday.. this won't become a trend, I promise! Tomorrow will remain my shop update, and later in the week, I'll show you photos of my Frist visit!

Alright, we've got to hit the road for home. What have your weekend plans been like?

tennessee prairie.

0 comments:

Post a Comment