Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday, April 1, 2010

Info Post
las paletas popsicles
las paletas popsicles
walking bloom in the spring
walking bloom in the spring
walking bloom in the spring

Photos by Neil and by me!

Cream Lace Dress - Forever21
Polka Dot Knee Highs - American Apparel
Light Blue Linen T Straps - Urban Outfitters

A couple of days ago, Neil and I had a day off so we spent it outside at Sevier Park walking Bloom and eating popsicles from Las Paletas (avocado and coffee!). When we got home, we grilled out and watched An Education.. and took a nap. All in all, a perfect lazy day.

walking bloom in the spring
walking bloom in the springwalking bloom in the spring

As for my outfit, you've seen all of these pieces before.. but as they're kind of my favorites (especially the dress), I dug them out for a spring-themed outfit. It was HOT that day (hot being a relative term at the end of March in Nashville, and it means in the 80s), so I dressed light.

IMG_0509IMG_0479
IMG_0492

A project I worked on today was this lovely ruffle dress I bought at the flea market last weekend. I did few things to it - nothing complicated. I shortened it and used the leftover fabric for a sash at the waist. I also removed the pink gingham trim at the cuffs and found the lace sleeves had raw edges and were unfinished (I think a previous owner had cut the sleeves shorter and covered it up with the trim), so I folded them in and sewed it underneath the cuff. I doubt that's the proper way to correct a sleeve.. but it works for me.

And here's the finished product!

an easter dress decision

Now, I have a decision to make. I originally acquired this pastel smock dress with the intention of using it as my Easter dress.. but I've really fallen in love with the white one. So which one do I wear for Easter this year? Neil likes the pastel dress, and I think I like the white one a bit better. But I can't choose.

an easter dress decision
an easter dress decision

Sewing Saturday tomorrow with an update on my jumper.. Happy April!

0 comments:

Post a Comment