Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, April 10, 2010

Info Post
IMG_2075
IMG_2091
IMG_2043IMG_2084

I've finished my first dress, you guys! What do you think?

The final steps of the jumper included..

IMG_1812
IMG_1824

Sewing the buttonholes. My machine has a buttonhole function which made the job ridiculously easy. I fit the button into the buttonhole foot (when the button is fitted into the foot, it automatically measures what size hole you need for the button), attached the foot to my machine, pulled the buttonhole lever down, and sewed the buttonhole on the right part of the strap.

IMG_1843

Sewing the zipper. I switched to the zipper foot, lined the zipper up with the pressed edge in the back, and sewed near the coil.

IMG_1918

Attaching rick rack to the pockets and bodice.

I also sewed buttons onto the bodice, sewed the straps to the back of the bodice (originally, the straps were supposed to be crisscrossed in the back, but they weren't long enough), and finished the hem of the skirt. I decided against the ruffle, although those pieces are still all cut out, so I can always add it later on.

And here is the finished product!

IMG_1983
IMG_1987
IMG_2001

Overall, I feel really good about the jumper. I made some mistakes (like adding the shoulder straps after I added the bodice facing!) and didn't always stitch in straight lines.. but for my first project, I think it turned out well. I honestly can't wait to dive into my next sewing pattern. I've got one week to finish this dress, so no procrastination this time around!

Mule Days was filled with fried food and plaid goodness. Here are some photos from our day.

IMG_2100
IMG_2101
IMG_2118
IMG_2107
IMG_2182
IMG_2192
IMG_2137
IMG_2163

Happy weekend, all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment