Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, May 14, 2010

Info Post
crop top love
crop top love
crop top love

1990's Floral Crop Top - Thrifted
Patchwork Denim Cut Offs - Thrifted, DIY
Wood Wedge Sandals - Madewell
Red Grosgrain Ribbon

I've done a lot of shopping where I find a dress or a skirt and I feel it's an important purchase, only to completely forget about it in my closet a week later. I've also gone shopping, found something I liked and not bought it, only to still remember it a month (or more) later. One blouse sticks out in my mind. It was at Forever21 when I was shopping with my friend Zach over a month ago (strangely enough, the mall it's in is still flooded and won't be open for awhile). It was a brown crop top with smocking at the bottom, thin straps, and buttons up the middle, all in a vintage-looking liberty print. At the time I chose the seersucker blouse instead, but ever since then, I've been on the lookout for brown liberty print and crop tops.

crop top love
crop top love
crop top love

I found this rosy crop top at Goodwill yesterday and had to work it into an outfit post. I'll be selling it in the shop next week (it's just a bit big), but our relationship was fun while it lasted.

crop top love

I love crop tops. I really do. But I also wonder sometimes about how much skin I feel comfortable showing. I guess it all depends on the time and place, really. If this top were used as some sort of swim coverup on the beach, that'd be all well and good, or maybe during a walk in the park on a super hot day. Or with friends at a packed party. But on a regular basis, I'd rather go for something that covers my belly button.

liberty print love
liberty print love

I've also bought some vintage liberty print fabric at thrift stores recently. I've already showed you guys the yellow fabric on the bottom, but it looked so good with the three new additions that I had to take a photo with them all. My favorite fabric is probably the red on the top, but it's such a small piece that I need to find a good way to use it.

Sewing Saturday tomorrow night! In lieu of the theme of this post, I'll be making a summery ruffle crop top with an elastic waist out of a white striped fabric. I'll also be sewing it from scratch - as this is a super easy project, I think I'll be able to manage without a pattern. And the fact that the crop top I found thrifting didn't have darts in it gave me hope to make one without. We'll see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment