Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Info Post
recent finds, future projects
recent finds, future projects

Here are some of my recent finds from last weekend!

Don't you love the hair detail on the apron pattern? I can't wait to make the overall pants with the detachable bib and use the Gunne Sax blouse pattern. The little girl jumper pattern is going to be a summer project for my niece's birthday in August. And the 70's style blouse and dress pattern include iron-on transfers! Birds and flowers in primary colors.

recent finds, future projects
recent finds, future projects
recent finds, future projects

As for the fabric, the yellow liberty print fabric is my favorite. Still deciding what I'm going to do with it. I'd like to make a romper out of the blue gingham.

The tiered gingham dress had bows on each side that I removed. I'm also thinking of taking out the floral embroidery on the white collar.. it may be cutesy enough with the ruffles, gingham, and eyelet trim.

recent finds, future projects

Ironically, as I post this, I'm watching a PBS documentary about the dangers of multitasking and the internet.

I've also been thinking of future projects. I really want to pick up embroidery (strange that I want to pick up embroidery when I'm considering picking out the embroidery on the collar of the gingham dress, above). I bought a pattern that's strictly embroidery transfers (most of them are cheesy American flags or palm trees, some are wonderful), and there is a floral transfer that I'd love to add to the collar or hemline of a dress. How awesome are these embroidery photos?

embroider4
embroider5
embroider1

All photos found via the Red Velvet Art Flickr pool.

Other projects I'm dreaming of starting are another stuffed toy for Bloom (you should see her old friend Bacon now) and an art journal, where I can write and draw all sorts of random things.

What projects are you beginning, or dreaming of beginning?

0 comments:

Post a Comment