Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday, September 12, 2010

Info Post
sewing saturday.. birthday dress preview!

I can't call this post much more than a preview, due to my (lack of!) progress in beginning my birthday dress. But I wanted to show you all what I'll be sewing this week and wearing for my birthday on Thursday! I'm making a pullover mini dress in a medium weight chestnut brown fabric with puff sleeves and black lace detail at the yoke. The pattern is a McCall's notion from the 1970s.. a little big for me, but I think it'll work.

IMG_7778

What you need for this project? The usual.. sewing machine, thread (I'm using contrasting black thread), just over two yards of fabric, sharp sewing scissors, pins, and pinking shears. Lace trim is optional. Buttons and zippers aren't needed since this pattern calls for a pullover style (yay!).

To begin, I trimmed the uncut pattern pieces and laid them out on the fabric. I then pinned the pieces and cut them out.. ready to sew!

IMG_7808
IMG_7812
IMG_7933

And.. I need your help with a decision. Should I add short puff sleeves to the dress or long ones with cuffs (C vs. D)? What do you think?

IMG_7939

I recently wrote a little commentary for my lovely friend Jessica's blog. She asked me to talk about a favorite novel of mine, and I gladly accepted.. while blogging about fashion and vintage is wonderful, it's nice to write about something a little different for a change. Read the post here!

Time for more unpacking. It's our first night in the new place and life feels good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment