Breaking News
Loading...
Friday, September 24, 2010

Info Post
velvet birthday shorts
velvet birthday shorts
velvet birthday shorts

Photos by Neil!

Velvet High Waisted Shorts - Alexa Chung for Madewell
Gray Raglan Pullover, Peter Pan Collar Blouse - American Apparel
Mary Jane Suede Platform Heels - Jeffrey Campbell

Here is my Alexa Chung for Madewell purchase! Oh you guys, it was super hard to turn down the Tennessee velvet dress, but I really did find something I wanted more - these brown velvet shorts.

The gray raglan pullover I'm wearing might be one of my favorite American Apparel finds.. it is unbelievably comfortable and perfect for layering this fall. I recently used my store allowance to buy the long chiffon skirt in black, and that's another favorite. If you've got a shop near you, get it!


IMG_8524
IMG_8472
IMG_8513
IMG_8486

Here are my birthday finds! A dusty pink American Apparel blouse, Madewell velvet shorts, Jeffrey Campbell suede heels from Urban Outfitters, and a vintage floral peter pan collar blouse.

I've been thinking a lot about what turning 25 means to me. I have several friends and family members who are hitting milestone birthdays this year, and it's really made me aware of turning a year older. It's a good awareness, though - it makes me more passionate about resolutions and goals, things I never paid much attention to in college.

I also have a lot of friends who are the same age as me, and we're all at distinctly different places in life. I'm really thinking of interviewing them about their mid 20s, seeing how they feel about growing up and where they want to go from here with jobs and relationships - and what they've learned since they turned 20. Age and maturity is hardly something you can put an accurate number on.. we're all so different that some of us are grown ups at 18 and others are never grown ups at all.. and what does it even mean to be grown up?

Where are you guys at with birthdays, and how do you feel about growing up and setting goals?

0 comments:

Post a Comment