Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Info Post
handmade railroad stripe overalls

Belated Sewing Saturday! I completed railroad stripe overalls this weekend.

Taking after where I left off in part two..

First, I sewed darts into the two back pieces then sewed them together, stopping at the pattern mark where the zipper would begin. I then pressed the seams open and sewed the zipper into the back.

IMG_7049
IMG_7044
IMG_7060
IMG_7085
IMG_7094

I sewed the back piece to the front piece at the sides, pressing the seams open afterwards. After sewing the legs together, I pressed about 5/8 inch up at the leg openings and finished the hem.

IMG_7116
IMG_7291
IMG_7293
IMG_7296

Then, I had to work in facing. I top stitched 5/8 inch along the unnotched edges and 1/4 inch along the notched ones. Once that was finished, I sewed the three facing pieces together, pressing the seams. I then ironed at the 1/4 top stitch line, wrong sides together, then sewed it.

IMG_7304
IMG_7305
IMG_7314
IMG_7318

I stitched the shoulder straps at the back, then stitched the facing to the bodice at the top at the 5/8 inch line, right sides together. I pressed the facing inside and connected the buckles to the straps, then sewed buttons onto the front of the bodice.

IMG_7330
IMG_7321
IMG_7344

Finished! Cotton railroad striped overalls for the fall. What do you think?

IMG_7371
IMG_7351
IMG_7385
handmade railroad stripe overalls

Back to the mess that is packing and unpacking. We'll be settled into our new place by Sunday, can't wait to share photos with you all! Hope you're having a fantastic week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment