Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Info Post
printer's alley


Photos by Neil!

Navy Polka Dot Dress, Leather Belt - Thrifted
Gold Dust Oxfords - Urban Outfitters
Denim Motorcycle Jacket - Forever21

Printer's Alley in downtown Nashville is famous for its seedy past and present. It's a short stretch of road that's filled with nightclubs and bars that were open for business - even (and especially) during Prohibition, but it has a history as old as Nashville itself. The Alley has housed dozens of famous performers, Waylon Jennings and Hank Williams being a couple.. but today, it's mostly frequented by tourists. And ghosts, allegedly.

Neil and I stopped by the alley on our way to work to scope things out for the first time. I'm not much into country music but I've always loved downtown Nashville. It's the most urban part of our city and it's influenced a lot of artists I admire, like Bob Dylan and Gillian Welch. And the buildings are magnificent. The Hermitage Hotel deserves a visit, not to mention the Ryman Auditorium and the Frist. And you can definitely have fun at old fashioned honky tonk bars.. depending on who's playing, of course.

printer's alley

printer's alleyprinter's alley

printer's alley
printer's alley

Today, I spent the afternoon with my good friend Kim as we went through her stash of vintage pieces, including the prettiest 1930s sheer organdy dresses and Edwardian lace gowns I've ever seen.. and tonight, I'm playing Dragon Age 2 with Neil until the early morning hours. This might just be the perfect day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment