Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, March 12, 2011

Info Post
IMG_4750

Sewing Saturday! Last week, I asked you guys to tell me which project I should sew next - a quilted cotton crop top or rose colored peter pan collar blouse. Well, the votes were equal for each project.. so I'm going to sew both blouses - next week, the rose hued blouse and this week, the crop top!

What you'll need for this pattern - fabric (about half a yard), double fold bias tape, and the usuals - an iron included.

IMG_4671

To begin, I pressed the pattern pieces and fabric, laid out the pieces on top of the fabric (right sides together) at the fold, then cut the pieces.

IMG_4674
IMG_4680
IMG_4683

The front called for bust darts and the back piece for two back darts, so I sewed those in and pressed them. I then stitched the front and back pieces together at the shoulder seams.

IMG_4686
IMG_4691
IMG_4696
IMG_4713

Once the two pieces are connected, it's time to stay stitch. I stay stitched the arm holes, bottom edges, and neck opening at the seam allowance, then trimmed them with pinking shears. I then sewed the bias tape to these openings, sewing the side seams together when I was finished.

IMG_4720
IMG_4730
IMG_4735

Finished product! What would you pair this top with? I'm thinking denim overalls and my saddle shoes.

IMG_4756
IMG_4749
IMG_4775

That's all for this week! Happy weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment